‘After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language,
standing before the throne and before the Lamb.
They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
– Revelation 7:9
Sannox has been like a gathering of the nations in these recent weeks. We had Scots, English, Dutch, Italians and Americans together for the Sannox Stitches weekend at the beginning of September. During this last week of September, a YWAM team from Canada, the USA, Norway, South Korea, Australia, Nigeria, India, France and Scotland! We’re reminded of God’s end game – this is what the new heavens and the new earth will be like – a glorious array of the redeemed gathered around the throne. Our task in these days is the ingathering of as many as possible to join in the song. We know that our UK context, and beyond, is filled with stories of decline and closure of churches and we have our share of that on Arran at present, but we also have to remember that this is just a moment in time. The darkest part of the night is just before the dawn! God can do a new thing in us! Remember, we have the final chapter of history already written in Revelation – we know the beginning from the end and where it’s all going.
Sannox – for Arran, for Scotland, and for the nations!
|October Prayer Gathering|
Our next Friends of Sannox prayer gathering is at 8.00pm on Monday 2nd October. We look forward to praying and worshipping together with as many of you as possible. Prayer underpins all we seek to do for the advancement of God’s Kingdom – please join us if you can.
Give thanks for…
– For new and deep friendships and connections made during the Sannox Stitches retreat.
– The amazingly generous gift of two apartments to eventually fund the building of the Beehive Chapel.
– a continued steady flow of visitors through the Summer into Autumn.
– God’s faithfulness in sustaining the ministry at Sannox
|Please pray for…|
– The upcoming wedding at Sannox in October;
– The finalising of our retreat programme for 2024, and the various new ventures being explored to build community here at Sannox;
– Plans to begin laying the concrete floor of the Manse ready for the roof structure in October, after the wedding service;
– Continuing favour on fundraising for the Manse and for ongoing running costs;
– For a good response to our Autumn/Winter in-person and online retreats;
– For the staff team who ‘keep the fire burning’ through the quieter period of late autumn and winter (do come over and help!);
– For the planning and design of the Beehive Chapel as we seek to start the construction in October 2024.
Our next Sannox Saturday takes place on Saturday 7th October. 2pm start with coffee, with a time of worship, prayer and a message following. We look forward to seeing all who are able to gather with us!
|Upcoming events and retreats:|
Day Retreat: ‘Open the Book – hearing God in Scripture’
Saturday 21st October, 9.30am – 3.30pm
We spend the day focussing on ways to approach God’s word to nourish our relationship with him.Suggested donation for the day’s retreat: £20.
Bring a packed lunch. Drinks provided through the day.
Online Zoom Retreat: ‘Rhythms of Life’
Saturday 18th November, 9.30am – 3.30pm
We take time out to take note of the gentle rhythms of grace in our lives and to notice where God is moving, leading and guiding us in this season.Suggested donation for the day’s retreat: £20.
Online Zoom Half-Day Retreat: ‘Celtic Advent’
Saturday 16th December, 9.30am – 12.30pm
We prepare our hearts to welcome Christ with the help of the Celtic saints. Suggested donation for the morning’s retreat: £10.
|The Sannox Prayer|
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here – in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We bless you in the name of Jesus, to receive all that the Father has for you, and we thank you for your continuing support of His work at SCC. Be blessed and protected in all you do for the Kingdom, in the mighty and beautiful name of Jesus.
The Team at Sannox Christian Centre