Date(s) - 05/09/2014 - 07/09/2014
Sannox Christian Centre
Rest and Restoration Weekend
05-07 September 2014 @ Sannox
Details of the weekend
- It is a time of rest and restoration; we will keep it flexible and simple.
- This is a new thing that God is creating. We are exploring new things. If we give Him the space and time He will respond and bring rest and restoration.
- The whole weekend is suffused with prayer and worship – personal and corporate.
- It will be non-threatening and accessible to all who come. A safe place within the presence of a loving Father.
- You may come with needs/questions so we will make space and time available to allow God to work.
- We will offer sessions on creative art, massage, music and prayer that may help you to focus/interpret what God is saying but these are in the background, low key and optional.
- What is the sound of Sannox? Sannox is a place of worship so God may give you a new song. We will be there to help with that if required. We will help create a story/song that will blend with other stories/songs which you will take back to your communities where God will continue creating something new.
- The weekend starts on the Friday at 6.00 pm with a welcome, introduction to Sannox and tea/coffee/biscuits. You can also see round the centre, including all the new developments.
- At around 7 pm we will have a time of prayer and worship. People will have a chance to write down specific prayer requests and/or requests to take part in creative arts/prayer support/massage/music sessions. You are allowed to change your mind! We will pray for these specific things over the weekend.
- We end the evening with prayers at around 9 pm.
- Saturday starts with prayers at 9 am. We will also have prayers at 12.00 and 4 pm. This will be in the church with the bell being rung.
- The church will be open for prayer all weekend.
- During the “free time” in the morning and afternoon on Saturday people can take part in creative arts or music, have a massage or request prayer support. These will be going on in the Gatehouse, the lounge, maybe the bell tent if it can be heated, and the small caravan.
- The weekend will have a break around 4 pm on Saturday to allow those who have to leave to catch either the 4 .40 pm ferry or the 7.20 pm ferry.
- For those staying over for the Sunday we will have a traditional ceilidh with sharing, praying and worshiping – and having fun – on the Saturday night. On Sunday there will be prayers at 2 pm with the option of attending a local church in the morning or having a quiet time around Sannox. This time will be unstructured – a time to reflect on what God has been saying.
- Limited on-site accommodation is available.
- Please email email@example.com to enquire about accommodation availability.
- Additional off-site local accommodation is also available. See Local Accommodation for details
- For information on travel, please see Getting to Sannox.