December Prayer News
The December prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 3rd December 2018 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. It will be led by Moira Shirreff. George is with a group on Arran and will lead prayers at 8 pm in Fellfoot, Corrie; all welcome who can make it. We will be joined by others across the UK and abroad.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
- The first Team Leaders meeting is to be held on Saturday 8th December 2018 in Heidi Nicklin’s house. Pray for George and the Team Leaders as they plan the development of their teams and the management of SCC. Pray also for a Team Leader for the SCC Ministries and Events team.
- Give thanks for the appointment of John Thomson Construction Ltd to carry out the first phase of the restoration of the church and manse. Pray they may be blessed as they work at Sannox. Pray for the release of the £40,000 needed to fund the works.
- Pray for the Working Group building the new tool shed to house tools and materials from the manse and for the clearing of the manse ready for the contractors. Pray for a blessed time and for safety. The work will take place between the 3rd and 8th of December. We need a couple more people to help take the rubbish from the manse to the tip. Contact email@example.com if you can help.
- Pray for increased regular monthly giving to support the operational costs of SCC and the church restoration fund.
- Pray for the Directors as they plan the 2019 programme of events. Give thanks for the Roy Searle Teaching Day on the 3rd of November when 17 people gathered in Dundarroch Cottage to learn about the rhythm of prayer. It was a wonderful time of teaching and sharing.
- Pray for our hosts as they consider dates in 2019 and for new hosts.
- Pray for the building up of Christ’s community on Arran.