November Prayer Letter
The November prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 6 November 2017 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined in prayer by those on Arran, across the UK and abroad.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
- The Trustees’ day of prayer was a blessed time and a significant one. We started with communion then prayed and discussed all day. Thank you for standing with us in prayer. The key points to come out of the day were:
- We confirmed that we are of one mind and united regarding the vision of Sannox. We are committed to that vision, following the footsteps of Jesus.
- The Lord reminded us of our “First Love” when he called us to serve Him at Sannox. Each of us talked about that initial calling and we resolved to re-focus on that initial vision, keeping it simple and holding it lightly. Sannox is a place of worship, a place of rest, restoration and revival and these themes should flow through everything we do. We talked about listening before we act!
- We talked about the restoration of the church and manse and the teaching programme. Could we do both given that the church may not be available? The answer is yes and Andy Hall is looking to plan the smaller teaching days in Dundarroch and the larger teaching weekends in the Corrie Village Hall.
- We talked about praying in the full resources to complete the church, including the bell tower and vestibule, strip back the manse to the stone walls and building the new, temporary kitchen and toilets to service the church.
- We talked about how we work and communicate together as one. We agreed that we need to focus on our spiritual and strategic role and look to God to build a day-to-day management team over time that we can bless and release into that role.
- We had a very good Board meeting on the 7 October which discussed and agreed with the outcomes from the Trustees’ day of prayer. Thank you for your prayers.
- We agreed to organise a Hosts’ Day early next year for those who have hosted and those considering hosting. Please pray for the planning of this event.
- Please continue to pray for Heidi Nicklin, our administrator, as she develops and manages our systems. Heidi can be reached on email@example.com.
- Pray for those who plan, manage and deliver our housekeeping at SCC.
- Please continue to pray that we will establish a good relationship with the new manager of the Tearoom. Pray that she will be blessed and will be open to work with SCC.
- Pray for our Friends of Sannox network that this might increase.
- Pray for the local community that they may be blessed in the name of Jesus and for the Ministers and churches on Arran that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.