June Prayer News
The June prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 4 June 2018 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined in prayer by those on Arran, across the UK and abroad.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
- Following the two meetings of the Trustees/Directors in April work has been going on to finalise the outcomes of these meetings. The Trustees/Directors have recognized that the current management and organization of SCC needs to change in order to meet the demands of SCC as it grows and develops and more people come. To that end the Trustees/Directors have unanimously agreed the following:
- To ask George Hazel to become Executive Director of SCC with a remit to implement the vision and direction as agreed by the Trustees/Directors across all aspects of SCC. This will be a paid position, initially 2 days a week.
- To ask Andy Hall, an existing Member of SCC, to become a Trustee/Director and Chairman of the Board of Trustees/Directors.
- To ask John Jackson and Jim Farrell to become Members of SCC.
We are delighted to announce that George, Andy, John and Jim have all accepted the roles we have called them to. More details of these decisions are given below but please pray for them as they face these new challenges.
- Sannox Christian Centre Board Meeting and AGM – The next meeting of the Board and the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Saturday 9 June 2018 at SCC. The AGM will start at 3 pm and all are welcome. This will be an opportunity to hear first-hand the latest developments, view the new additions to SCC and enjoy refreshments and fellowship after the AGM.
- Continue to pray for the Teaching Programme for 2018. We have asked you last month to print the details of the teaching days and Encounter Weekends, attached to the May Prayer News. Please circulate it to your churches, networks and friends. Post it on your social media as well, we want you to send it out to as many people as possible. The next event is the first Encounter Weekend – Creating a Supernatural Culture from 1st to 3rd June in Corrie Village Hall and SCC. This will be led by Andy Hall and Dean Norby with Rob Parker leading worship. At present we have around 15 people booked plus the leaders and would love a few more to come. Please pray for the event.
- Please continue to pray for funding for the church and manse and the way forward regarding refurbishment of the church and manse.
- As we increase our services and staff at SCC please pray for increased monthly giving to meet our operational costs and enable us to continue to welcome those who find it difficult financially to contribute our suggested donation. Once George begins his work as our Executive Director we will need extra funding each month to support his role.
- Pray for the local community that they may be blessed in the name of Jesus and for the Ministers and churches on Arran that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.