April Prayer News
The April prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 2nd April 2018 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined in prayer by those on Arran, across the UK and abroad.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
- The Trustees are meeting to discuss the future planning and development of SCC on Saturday 21 April from 11 am to 4 pm. This will then be followed up by the next Trustees’ day of prayer which will be held on Saturday 28 April 2018. Please remember the Trustees as they prepare for these events and remember us as we meet.
- Please pray for the Teaching Programme we launched last month for 2018. Please make use of the flyers we sent you last month and spread the word about the events. As we said last month, we are asking our Friends of Sannox to print the details of the teaching days and circulate it to their churches, networks and friends. Post it on your social media as well, we want you to send it out to as many people as possible. We would also encourage you to book early so we know numbers!
- Please continue to pray for funding for the church and manse. We have £40,000 and need a further £85,000 to complete the restoration of the church. We are trying to put together the detailed submission to the nominated SEPA charity but it is a lot of work. If anyone has expertise in applying for grants could you get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org? The addition of the new, temporary toilets and kitchen and the removal of the manse roof, so we can strip the manse and treat the walls, adds a further £45,000.
- Please continue to pray for Heidi Nicklin, our administrator, as she develops and manages our systems. Heidi returns from mission at Easter. Please continue to pray for Michelle as she works at SCC with Heidi and our hosts.
- As we increase our services at SCC please pray for increased monthly giving to meet our operational costs and enable us to continue to welcome those who find it difficult financially to contribute to our suggested donation.
- Pray for our Friends of Sannox network that this might increase.
- Pray for the local community that they may be blessed in the name of Jesus and for the Ministers and churches on Arran that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.