|March Prayer News
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
1. Prayer Gatherings – In Edinburgh we will gather on Monday 4th March 2019 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined by folks on Arran and across the UK and abroad. Please join with us as we join in prayer and thanksgiving for Sannox.
2. Encounter Events –
a. 1st and 2nd March – Worship in the Presence. We have 4 worship leaders for the music – Jim Farrell, Francis McFaul, Adam Walsh and George Hazel and 3 worship leaders for creative arts – Moira Shirreff, Lizzie Walsh and Jacqui McFaul. This is an informal, relaxed weekend where you can explore worship in a number of ways – through music, creative arts, walking, silence, etc. There is no formal teaching so you can join us on Friday evening at 7.30, or for the Saturday from 10.30 am or for both. For more details and to let us know you are coming email Heidi at email@example.com.
b. 16th March – Hosting day at Lighthouse Church, Troon. A day for existing and potential hosts to meet and share and where you can hear about hosting – its purpose, importance and what’s involved. If you are coming please email Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. 5th and 6th April – This is a follow on from the hosting day on the 16th of March. The weekend will be at Sannox CC and will build on what was discussed in March, relating and illustrating hosting on site. We will worship, discuss and share together over the weekend. For accommodation and booking for the weekend please email Heidi at email@example.com.
3. Restoration of the church and manse – The restoration is progressing at pace with the church interior stripped out and the roof exposed. The roof and interior of the manse has been removed. The work to date has found significant rot in the roof timbers which will have to be removed. This will add to the cost. To date we have received around £12,000 in donations and an offer of an interest free loan for £8,000. With the increased building costs we need about £50,000 either through cash donations or interest free loans as soon as possible. It is exciting to see the restoration of the church and manse underway and we believe God will supply the necessary funding. Please join us in prayer for the release of these funds. The Arran Banner gave us a wonderful 2 page spread showing the finished centre and the current building works.
4. Team Leaders’ Meeting – The next Team Leaders’ Meeting will be held on the 15th of March in West Kilbride. Please pray for George and the team as they meet.
6. SCC Vision and Values – As mentioned in January, the Directors agreed to develop a framework based on the SCC vision and values that would allow us to test any new ideas and ministries. We are currently working on this so please pray for us as it develops in 2019.
7. New Board Members – I am delighted to announce that Francis and Jacqui McFaul have joined our Board as Members. Continue to pray for the involvement of younger people in all areas.
8. Pray for the building up of Christ’s community on Arran.
|We bless you, in the name of Jesus, to receive all that the Father has for you and thank you for your continuing support of His work at SCC. May we see more and more people being rested, restored and revived at Sannox in 2019.|