August Prayer News
The August prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 6 August 2018 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined in prayer by those on Arran, across the UK and abroad. As George and Fiona spend more time on Arran in their new role, George is planning to offer a monthly prayer gathering on the island if it is something that would be welcomed and supported.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
Sannox Christian Centre Board Meeting – The Board meeting took place on the 9 July and was a good time:
- We discussed and agreed a draft new management structure and asked George, as Executive Director to develop the structure, talk to key people and present a detailed structure to the Directors. There will be five teams with team leaders:
i. Day to day management of the centre
ii. SCC ministries and events,
iii. Charity and company operations,
iv. Building and site development
v. Community ministries.
- The Board agreed to go forward with the appointment of George as Executive Director on the basis that George will be an employee of SCC working 2 days a week. He will build and manage the operations teams through the team leaders and Heidi, our administrator, build external links and networks and go to speak at churches and other organisations and mentor new staff and volunteers to build an operational team for the future. If you would like George to come to your church or small group then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Because SCC is growing there is a need to provide the administration and management resources to support that growth. We have taken on an Administrator, a Housekeeper and George as Executive Director – all three on a part-time basis. As SCC grows operational costs have grown as well. These resources need an extra £2,000.00 per month and so Andy Hall, our Chairman, is about to write out to our Friends of Sannox and supporters asking you to pray for these resources to be released. Look out for the letter which will be sent out this week.
- Barbara presented an exciting vision for building community and serving the community on Arran and its environs which was enthusiastically welcomed by the Board. This is now being developed by Barbara. SCC will partner with CAP (Christians Against Poverty) to run their excellent money course, aimed at prevention of debt, to all age groups on the island.
- The Board agreed to go to tender for the church roof with the resources we have at present – this is the first phase as outlined below. This is an act of faith which we believe is the right thing to do. The overall funding needs are as follows:
- We have costed the refurbishment of the roof, bell tower, church windows and the stripping out of the church at £65,000 plus VAT. At present we have around £55,000 so need another £10,000.
- To complete the internal renovation of the church and vestibule, including furnishings and AV equipment, will require a further £93,000 plus VAT.
- To completely refurbish the manse and provide a new kitchen and toilets to serve the church will require another £286,000 plus VAT.
- We are delighted by the way the hosting system is developing and are in the process of updating the guidelines.
- We are beginning to think about the teaching programme for 2019 and believe we should plan for one event each month for 12 months of the year. If you have ideas for topics for next year for us to consider please contact email@example.com.
- We have purchased a new sign for the end of the lane to guide people to Sannox. This will be fitted in August.
- Continue to pray for the Teaching Programme for 2018. We have now had three successful teaching events – Creating a Jesus Culture, led by David Hill, Creating a Supernatural Culture, led by Dean Norby and Andy Hall and Creating a Prophetic Culture led by Rick Hayes. The latter course was fully booked with about 23 people packed into Dundarroch. The next Encounter Weekend is on the 5-7 August and is entitled Creating a Freedom Culture. This course aims to focus on the fact that we are in a relationship with Jesus, not with rules! How do we walk in freedom? The weekend will be led by Andy Hall with worship led by Alan McKinley. We would love to have the Corrie Community Hall filled for this course. Please email Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org book the course and get more information. There is still time!
- Arran Open Studios – This event takes place between the 10th and the 13th August 2018. There will be three artists in attendance – Moira, Emma Aitken, our stain glass artist, and Pam Hamilton. The theme this year is Remade – Making all things new. Both Emma and Pam are running workshops over the weekend. Their workshops in previous years have been very successful and great fun. Please pray for Moira and her team as they plan the SCC involvement in 2018 and come and take part.
- Hosting at SCC – We continue to welcome our hosts to SCC and witness the blessing hosting is to our guests and visitors and to the hosts themselves. Hosting the presence of God is fundamental to what God is building at SCC and we want to have hosts on site all the time. If you are interested in hosting we need to hear from you. Please contact Heidi at email@example.com.
- Lastly, please continue to pray for the building of Christ’s community on Arran. Pray for the churches and their Ministers and staff and for all Christ’s people on the island that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.
We bless you, in the name of Jesus, to receive all that the Father has for you and thank you for your continuing support of His work at SCC. May we see more and more people being rested, restored and revived at Sannox in 2018.