|January / February Prayer News
The February prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 5 February 2018 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined in prayer by those on Arran, across the UK and abroad.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
1. The Trustees’ day of prayer was held at Sannox on Saturday 13 January 2018. We had a great day where we prayed, shared and dreamed about the coming year. We recognised that unity within the Trustees is so important and we have that. We are also excited about the coming year and what the Lord is going to do. It was a good day.
2. The next Board meeting will be held on Saturday 3 March please pray for the Board as we gather together.
3. Please pray for the Hosts’ Day on Saturday 24 February 2018. This is for those who have hosted, those on the hosts list but have not yet hosted and those interested in hosting. We believe hosting is very important to God’s work at SCC and would encourage you to come to give us your experiences as hosts or to find out more from those who have hosted. It will also be a day of worship, fellowship and fun! Further details are given below.
4. Please pray for the Teaching Programme we are launching this month for 2018. Details are given below with links to download flyers. We are asking our Friends of Sannox to print the details of the teaching days and circulate it to their churches, networks and friends. We would also encourage you to book early so we know numbers!
5. Please pray for the funding for the church and manse. We have £40,000 and need a further £85,000 to complete the restoration of the church. We have applied for £50,000 to a charity funded by SEPA and I am pleased to say have passed Stage 1 of the process. We are now putting together a detailed application. The addition of the new, temporary toilets and kitchen and the removal of the manse roof so we can strip the manse and treat the walls adds a further £45,000. More details are given below.
6. Please continue to pray for Heidi Nicklin, our administrator, as she develops and manages our systems. Heidi will be abroad on mission for February and March but will keep in email contact. Heidi can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. We are pleased to announce that Michelle Ferguson, who has been doing our cleaning for us, has agreed to become an employee of SCC working part-time Monday to Friday from 5 February. Michelle will expand her remit looking after Dundarroch, the laundry, the Gatehouse and the caravan and doing the laundry as well. This means that we have a greater ability to accept bookings mid-week, even at short notice, and will have staff on site for a greater percentage of the time in the coming year. Given Michelle’s commitment to SCC and the difficulty in getting cleaners on the island this is an exciting step forward.
8. As we increase our services at SCC please pray for increased monthly giving to meet our operational costs and enable us to continue to welcome those who find it difficult financially to contribute to our suggested donation.
9. Please continue to pray that we will establish a good relationship with the new manager of the Tearoom. Pray that she will be blessed and will be open to work with SCC.
10. Pray for our Friends of Sannox network that this might increase.
11. Pray for the local community that they may be blessed in the name of Jesus and for the Ministers and churches on Arran that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.