March Prayer News
The March prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 5 March 2018 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined in prayer by those on Arran, across the UK and abroad.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
1. The next Trustees’ day of prayer will be held on Saturday 28 April 2018. Please remember the Trustees as they prepare for this event.
2. The Board meeting will be held on Saturday 3 March. A report on the meeting will be in the April Prayer News.
3. We held a Hosts’ Day on Saturday 24 February 2018. It was a glorious day and 15 people attended, a nice number for Dundarroch. We worshipped together, those who had hosted shared experiences with us and those who were interested in hosting were able to listen, ask questions and tour the facilities. It was a great day and we were encouraged. Our prayer is that more people will come to host at Sannox so that there is someone there all the time, leading prayers and hosting the Presence of God. It is time to email Heidi at email@example.com to tell her when you can host. You can of course host on more than one occasion! In addition, we may contact our hosts if we have guests coming and no hosts on site.
4. Please pray for the Teaching Programme we launched last month for 2018. Flyers are again linked to this email. As we said last month, we are asking our Friends of Sannox to print the details of the teaching days and circulate it to their churches, networks and friends. Post it on your social media as well, we want to send it out to as many people as possible. We would also encourage you to book early so we know numbers!
5. Please pray for the funding for the church and manse. We have £40,000 and need a further £85,000 to complete the restoration of the church. We now have the detailed costs from the QS and are now putting together a detailed application. If anyone has expertise in applying for grants could you get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org? The addition of the new, temporary toilets and kitchen and the removal of the manse roof so we can strip the manse and treat the walls adds a further £45,000.
6. Please continue to pray for Heidi Nicklin, our administrator, as she develops and manages our systems. Heidi is abroad on mission for February and March but is keeping in touch by email.
7. As notified in last month’s prayer news Michelle has now started working as our housekeeper. We are delighted to have Michelle as part of the team and because she is on site every day from Monday to Friday it gives us an increased capacity to respond to bookings, even during the week or at short notice.
8. As we increase our services at SCC please pray for increased monthly giving to meet our operational costs and enable us to continue to welcome those who find it difficult financially to contribute to our suggested donation.
9. I am pleased to say that we are developing a working relationship with the new manager of the Tearoom. She is willing to supply us with soup, sandwiches and cake so thanks be to God.
10. Pray for our Friends of Sannox network that this might increase.
11. Pray for the local community that they may be blessed in the name of Jesus and for the Ministers and churches on Arran that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.