September Prayer News
The September prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 3rd September 2018 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined in prayer by those on Arran, across the UK and abroad. As George and Fiona spend more time on Arran in their new role, George is planning to offer a monthly prayer gathering on the island, starting in October, if it is something that would be welcomed and supported.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
1. Sannox Christian Centre Operations Team – George, in his new role as Executive Director, has been meeting with a number of people, involved in the operations of SCC, in order to develop the best organisational system that will support the vision and activities of SCC. Please pray for all concerned as he prepares a paper for the Directors’ consideration over the next month. George has also been making contacts with a number of church leaders on and off the island and has already been invited to speak about the work of SCC at several churches in the coming months. Pray that more churches would link with SCC.
2. Continue to pray for the Teaching Programme for 2018. The Encounter Weekend held on the 3rd to 5th August, entitled Creating a Freedom Culture, was very powerful and the worship led by Alan McKinley was great. Alan loved SCC and is keen to work with Jim, George and Francis to develop worship through music. About 20 people attended. The next event is the Rest and Restoration day on Saturday 1st September. The day will be led by George and the SCC team. There are over 20 people attending so Dundarroch will be full. Following worship and a session on what operating out of God’s rest means, there will be a number of ways available to practice it! Creative art, massage, music, prayer and listening, or just walking on the beach or the hills. The next Encounter Weekend is from the 5th to 7th October and will be held in Corrie Community Hall. The course is on “Creating a Fear Free Culture” and will be led by Andy Hall. We believe that perfect love casts out all fear so how can we live in Christ without fear? This course is so important to us as we live in a world full of fear. Please come and bring others. Email Heidi at email@example.com to book this course and get more information. We would love to fill the local hall!
3. Arran Open Studios – This event took place between the 10th and the 13th August 2018. There were three artists in attendance – Moira, Emma Aitken, our stain glass artist, and Pam Hamilton. The theme this year was Remade – Making all things new and both Emma and Pam ran workshops. The weekend was, again, an amazing time with over 100 people attending, taking part in the workshops and being shown round SCC. It was good to see an increased number of people from the island and many people were enthused and impressed with what is happening. Thanks to Moira and her team, this is such an important event for SCC, especially with respect to building links and community on the island.
4. Hosting at SCC – We continue to welcome our hosts to SCC and witness the blessing hosting is to our guests and visitors and to the hosts themselves. Hosting the presence of God is fundamental to what God is building at SCC and we want to have hosts on site all the time. If you are interested in hosting we need to hear from you. Please contact Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Finances and Building Works – I am pleased to say that the tenders went out to four contractors for the church and vestibule roofs and bell tower, the church windows and the strip out of the church interior. Three of the contractors are based on Arran. The tenders are due back on the 10th of September and we hope to start work soon after in October. This has involved a huge amount of work so thanks to Stuart, Allan and our QS company. We are praying we have enough funds to complete this first phase. We then need a further £60,000 to complete the fitting out of the church and the new toilets and kitchen to service the church. Pray that God releases these resources to complete the church for next year’s activities. Encouragingly, we have received gifts amounting to around £5,000 this month. We also ask you to pray for increased monthly giving to cover George’s salary and increased operational costs associated with increased growth at Sannox, including the teaching programme. Our target is an extra £2,000 per month so we are asking our supporters to consider increasing their monthly giving, if they are currently giving, or to start giving regularly each month.
6. Lastly, please continue to pray for the building of Christ’s community on Arran. Pray for the churches and their Ministers and staff and for all Christ’s people on the island that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.
We bless you, in the name of Jesus, to receive all that the Father has for you and thank you for your continuing support of His work at SCC. May we see more and more people being rested, restored and revived at Sannox in 2018/19.