May Prayer News
The May prayer gathering for SCC in Edinburgh will be held on Monday 7 May 2018 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined in prayer by those on Arran, across the UK and abroad.
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
We continue to say this prayer together so that the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, might be glorified and His light, love, peace, forgiveness and power might sweep through the Isle of Arran, the rest of Scotland, the United Kingdom and the nations of the world.
Key Prayer Points:
1. The Trustees/Directors met on the 21 April then followed up on what was discussed on the 28 April with a day of prayer. These two days were amazing times when God touched us, directed us, corrected us, healed us and unified us. All of the key issues identified were addressed and a number of fundamental changes were proposed and agreed. The details of these proposals are being finalised and will be made public in the near future. They will result in a stronger management structure and provide a firm foundation for the future development of SCC. Over the past two weeks God has confirmed these changes and we believe He will release resources ushering in a new phase of development at SCC in the coming months.
2. Sannox Christian Centre Board Meeting and AGM – The next meeting of the Board and the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Saturday 9 June 2018. The AGM will start at 3 pm and all are welcome. This will be an opportunity to hear first-hand the latest developments, view the new additions to SCC and enjoy refreshments and fellowship after the AGM.
3. Pray for the Teaching Programme for 2018.There are links to the flyers for all the events below as some of you may not have received it last month. We are asking our Friends of Sannox to print these details of the teaching days and Encounter Weekends and circulate it to their churches, networks and friends. Post it on your social media as well, we want you to send it out to as many people as possible.
4. Please continue to pray for funding for the church and manse. We have received a number of gifts last month amounting to around £15,000 which is so encouraging. This means we have £50,000 and need a further £75,000 to complete the restoration of the church. We are still putting together the detailed submission to the nominated SEPA charity. The final piece is proof of local support and involvement. The addition of the new, temporary toilets and kitchen and the removal of the manse roof, so we can strip the manse and treat the walls, adds a further £45,000. We are asking the Lord to provide all of this so that we can complete the church restoration, complete the whole roof, both the church and manse, so we can start the internal works in the manse, and provide the new kitchen and toilets to service the events held in the church.
5. As we increase our services and staff at SCC please pray for increased monthly giving to meet our operational costs and enable us to continue to welcome those who find it difficult financially to contribute our suggested donation.
6. Pray for the local community that they may be blessed in the name of Jesus and for the Ministers and churches on Arran that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.