Sannox Christian Centre Operations Teams – George, in his new role as Executive Director, has been meeting with a number of people, involved in the operations of SCC, in order to develop the best organisational system that will support the vision and activities of SCC. A paper has been submitted to the Directors with proposals for the new structure. The Directors will discuss the paper over the next few weeks.
- Church and Manse Refurbishment – two tenders out of four were returned and the Directors are waiting on a report from the QS company. The tender documents included the stripping out of the manse down to the stone walls to enable the dry rot to be treated thereby protecting the church. Initial indications are that the lowest price exceeds the budget currently available, so the Directors will have to decide whether to limit the works, re-tender, or go forward in faith trusting God to release the finance required. Please pray for the buildings team and the Directors as they discuss these options. Detailed figures will be available for the next Prayer News but in the meantime pray for the release of resources to complete this phase of the works to the church and manse.
- Regular Monthly Giving – last month we asked you to pray for an increase in monthly giving. We are pleased to report that several one-off donations were received but the regular monthly giving has not yet increased. Can we ask you to keep praying for this increase in monthly giving as this supports our operational costs and enables us to welcome those who struggle financially.
- Continue to pray for the Teaching Programme for 2018. The Teaching Day held on the 1 September, focusing on God’s rest, was a wonderful time. Dundarroch Cottage was full to overflowing with over 20 people attending. The next event is an Encounter Weekend entitled “Creating a Fear Free Culture” on the 5 to 7 October. The days will be led by Andy Hall with worship led by Adam Walsh. A separate letter has just been sent out with details of the course. A number of people have registered but we would love to fill Corrie Community Hall. We believe that perfect love casts out all fear so how can we live in Christ without fear? This course is so important to us as we live in a world full of fear. Please come and bring others. Email Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org book this course and get more information. Our last event of 2018, on the 3 November, is a Teaching Day in Dundarroch Cottage led by Roy Searle, the leader of the Northumbria Community on the importance of a Rhythm of Prayer.
- Hosting at SCC – We continue to welcome our hosts to SCC and witness the blessing hosting is to our guests and visitors and to the hosts themselves. Hosting the presence of God is fundamental to what God is building at SCC and we want to have hosts on site all the time. If you are interested in hosting we need to hear from you. Please contact Heidi at email@example.com.
- Executive Director report– Please pray for George as he visits churches on and off the island. This coming month he will be speaking at churches in Stevenston and Largs and is in discussions with churches in Ayr, Balfron and Dumfries. He is also meeting with the Ministers and others on Arran and has already met with the Minister of the Free Church.
- Maintenance Working Group – There are a number of maintenance jobs that need to be done so we are calling on all those with appropriate skills to come to SCC the week of the 29 October to 2 November 2018. These are always special times of fellowship and fun. If you are interested email Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lastly, please continue to pray for the building up of Christ’s community on Arran. Pray for the churches and their Ministers and staff and for all Christ’s people on the island that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.
We bless you, in the name of Jesus, to receive all that the Father has for you and thank you for your continuing support of His work at SCC. May we see more and more people being rested, restored and revived at Sannox in 2018/19.