Latest News and further details:
- Next Phase of Building Works– Continue to pray for our architects Stuart and Allan Carr and our Clerk of Works, Stuart Yates, as they plan the next phase of building. We have the permissions in place and are about to go to tender for phase 1. This is the complete restoration and fitting out of the church, bell tower and vestibule, stripping back the manse to only the stone walls and treating the walls and building the new, temporary kitchen and toilets at the back of the manse to serve the activities in the church. The estimate for all this work is £175,000. We currently have £40,000 after spending money on the necessary professional fees and Council fees, enough to possibly do the church roof but it will be difficult to appoint a contractor for just the roof. Please pray for the money to be released in full. We agreed to look for a person to help us with grant applications so pray for the right person.
- Maintenance Programme– There are a number of things that need to be done to maintain the quality of SCC. We have a list of tasks and George is talking to Stuart Yates and Stuart Carr about organising work parties with our volunteers to do this work over the next few months. If you have building/DIY skills please contact us at email@example.com. These times are always productive and great fun.
Events at Sannox:
- Teaching Programme 2018– Andy Hall is making good progress developing the teaching programme for 2018. Please pray for Andy as he finalises the programme. Once this is completed and approved by the Trustees we will be circulating the details.
- Hosts’ Day 2018– The day would be a celebration of what God has done this past year, a sharing of experiences and hosts talking to those who are interested in hosting and showing them around. Please pray as we plan this event. If you are interested in becoming a host, or doing more hosting, in 2018 please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pray we might be able to have hosts at Sannox all the time during the 2018 season from March to October.
- Rest and Restoration Weekend – with worship and creative arts. Pray for Moira as she plans this event in Spring 2018.
- Worship and music events– Please pray as George meets with Jim Farrell, Francis McFaul and the Burn 24/7 team on the 11 November in Dumfries to seek God’s leading for 2018. How can we build a house of worship 24/7 at Sannox?
We would like to increase our Friends of Sannox prayer and support base so if there are people you know who may be interested in joining as a Friend of Sannox, would you ask them and, if appropriate, direct them to the Sannox web site at www.sannox.org where they can download a Friends of Sannox form. You can also print a form from the web site and give it to the person. If you need help with this please email John Jackson at email@example.com. This will increase our prayer base, give more people the opportunity to hear about SCC and potentially increase our regular giving to enable us to continue delivering the plans for SCC.
Lastly, please continue to pray for the building of Christ’s community on Arran. Pray for the churches and their ministers and for all Christ’s people on the island that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.
We bless you, in the name of Jesus, to receive all that the Father has for you and thank you for your continuing support of His work at SCC. May we see more and more people being rested, restored and revived at Sannox in 2017/18.