1. Team Leaders Meeting – The first Team Leaders meeting will take place in Heidi’s house on Saturday 8th December at 10 am. Please pray for us as we develop the new structure and the teams that we may discern the will of the Father and move forward as one. Pray for the Team Leaders as they develop their teams and look for people who are called by God to serve. Pray for a Team Leader to head the SCC Ministries and Events team.
2. Tender for the Church roof and manse – A separate e-mail has been sent out to our Friends of Sannox updating you on the appointment of the contractor, John Thomson Construction Ltd (JTC). This is an exciting time as we move into this new season and we do so in faith and expectation. As the letter said we believe the Lord wants us to start the restoration of the church and manse even though we haven’t got all the money. We are £40,000 short. However, we bought Sannox in faith in 2012 and the Lord provided and we are convinced He will do the same this time. Wouldn’t it be great to see a completely restored church and manse in 2019! Pray for all involved at JTC that they will be blessed and work in partnership with us to build the vision at Sannox. We are hopeful that the scaffolding could be erected before Christmas to enable them to start early in the New Year.
3. New tool and storage shed – A group of us are going to Arran on the 2nd and 3rd December until the 8th December to build the new tool and storage shed. We have to clear the manse for the contractors and so need somewhere to store materials and tools. The shed will be built between the laundry and the caravan. JTC have agreed to supply the materials needed at a reduced cost of just over £500.00; it would cost several thousand pounds to buy a comparable shed. We will also be taking the waste contents of the manse to the tip. If anyone would like to join us to help take rubbish to the tip please email email@example.com .
4. Funding – Pray for the release of the £40,000 in donations or interest free loans and for an increase in monthly giving to cover the costs of operating the centre and servicing any loans.
5. 2019 Programme of Activities – As mentioned last month the Directors agreed to plan at least one event a month comprising teaching and other activities. We have now agreed on the subjects for the first three months of 2019. Each event will start on the Friday evening at 7.30 pm and end on the Saturday evening at 6.30 pm. If anyone wants to stay over for the Sunday, for a period of reflection, they should let Heidi know when they book. The events will normally be the first weekend of the month, although January and February are not for operational reasons. The events will be shaped and led by the SCC team and will be held in Dundarroch Cottage so places will be limited to around 20 people. Pray for us as we develop the programme. The details for the first three months are as follows:
a. 11/12 January 2019 – Blessing through the Presence:
b. 8/9 February 2019 – Hosting the Presence:
c. 1/2 March 2019 – Worship in the Presence:
d. The rest of the year:
e. Action: Please consider signing up for the first three events and tell others. You can book by e mailing Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. SCC Vision and Values – The Directors agreed to develop a framework based on the SCC vision and values that would give allow us to test any new ideas and ministries. This framework defines the culture of SCC and clarifies what SCC is about. Please pray for us as we develop this framework in 2019.
7. New Board Members – Please pray for new Board Members with the right skills. Also pray for the involvement of younger people in all areas.
8. Hosting at SCC – We continue to welcome our hosts to SCC and give thanks for the blessing hosting is to our guests and visitors and to the hosts themselves. Hosting the presence of God is fundamental to what God is building at SCC and we want to have hosts on site all the time. If you are interested in hosting come to the hosting event on 8/9 February 2019 as highlighted above and contact Heidi at email@example.com. We need to start filling up the hosting diary now!
9. Executive Director report – Please pray for George as he visits churches on and off the island. He is meeting the pastor of Dumfries Baptist Church on the 1st December.
10. Lastly, please continue to pray for the building up of Christ’s community on Arran. Pray for the churches and their Ministers and staff and for all Christ’s people on the island that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.
We bless you, in the name of Jesus, to receive all that the Father has for you and thank you for your continuing support of His work at SCC. May we see more and more people being rested, restored and revived at Sannox in 2018/19.
|Events January to March 2019
This flyer can be downloaded for you to print by clicking here