Date(s) - 15/08/2014 - 17/08/2014
Sannox Christian Centre
This is what the Lord says: “Stand at the crossroads and look around; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.”
We are at a crossroads… at a critical moment, as churches, in the nation and in the world. These are critical days, with many challenges and pressures and a few opportunities and some potential. Such was the experience and context in which the prophet Jeremiah spoke.
As we stand at the crossroads, we will take time to reflect and think about what’s happening. We will look and examine some of the issues we face as individuals, churches, the nation and wider society. We will ask for the ancient paths, explore and delve into some of the riches of the Celtic Christian tradition that shaped Christianity on Arran, Scotland and much of European civilisation and in the light of our journeying together over the weekend we will seek to walk, in response to the things that God reveals to us through his story, his Word and Spirit.
Join us on a journey of discovery, in the relaxed environment and beautiful surroundings of Sannox. The weekend will be led by Revd. Roy Searle, one of our advisory board members and one of the founders of the Northumbria Community who will be joined by Revd Dr. Lina Androveniene, also part of the Northumbria Community, who was recently appointed as a new tutor at the Scottish Baptist College in Glasgow. A Lithuanian, she was formerly the Academic Dean at the International Baptist Theological Seminary in Prague and is also a gifted singer/ songwriter.
- 7.00 arrivals and drinks
- 8.00 ~ 9.30Session
- 9.30 Compline Prayer to close the Day
- 9.40 Finish
- 09.30 Morning Prayer
- 10.00 Session
- 11.00 Break
- 11.30 Session
- 12.15 Quiet Time for Reflection
- 13.00 Lunch
- 14.30 Session on the beach (weather permitting)
- 16.00 Break
- 16.30 Session
- 17.30 Evening Prayer
- 18.00 Break for evening meal and set up for Celtic Fire
- 20.00 Celtic Fire: an evening of songs and stories of the Celtic Saints. (a stand alone event to which anyone and everyone is welcome)
- 21.30 Close
- To book spaces for the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited on-site accommodation is available.
- Please email email@example.com to enquire about accommodation availability.
- Additional off-site local accommodation is also available. See Local Accommodation for details
- For information on travel, please see Getting to Sannox.