July Prayer News
The Sannox Prayer:
“Today I choose to stand in this place you have called me to,
And I declare that You are a Mighty God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth.
Your Kingdom shall endure and will never be shaken.
Open the windows of Heaven and pour out Your promised blessings in this generation.
Revive us, restore us and heal our land.
Thank you for going before us to open the way and remove all obstacles.
Increase our Faith, stir up Hope and keep us grounded and walking in Love.
Thank you that You are creating a dwelling place for God and man here; in Sannox, on Arran, for the nations.
Dear Friends of Sannox we apologise for the lateness of this prayer news but we have been exceptionally busy with the building of the new kitchen and toilets extension and, this weekend, Arran Open Studios. So this is an interim prayer news highlighting key prayer points and the date of the Edinburgh Prayer Gathering. A more detailed prayer news will follow shortly.
Key Prayer Points:
- Prayer Gatherings – In Edinburgh we will gather on Monday 5 August 2019 at the home of George and Fiona Hazel starting at 8 pm prompt. We will be joined by folks on Arran and across the UK and abroad. Please join with us in prayer and thanksgiving for what God is doing at Sannox.
- Encounter Events – Please pray for these events and for people to come:
2-5 August – Arran Open Studios – Please pray for the team and for those who visit this weekend.
6-7 September – Song writing workshop led by Jim Farrell, Francis McFaul, Adam Walsh and George Hazel. A weekend of worship through music releasing new songs from Sannox for the Kingdom. There will be a separate e mail about this in the near future. Email email@example.com for more information and to book.
Future events – Continue to pray for the development of these themes:
Alpha weekends, hosted by SCC or self-hosted.
Christian leaders and workers retreat offered 3 or 4 times a year as mid-week events.
“Blessing Weeks” – teaching on blessing, as this is part of SCC values.
Weekend events with worship and rest and restoration.
- Restoration of the church and manse – The refurbishment of the church is continuing at pace. The slating of the roof is almost completed, the windows, doors and floor are fitted and the outside of the church has been painted. As highlighted in our last prayer news we have made an application for a loan to Stewardship that will allow us to finish the church restoration. Discussions are on-going. Please pray that Stewardship and the Directors are guided by God in all of this.
- Work Party 13 to 20 July – We had 18 people helping with the building of the new kitchen and toilets to serve the refurbished church. It was an amazing time and we will report more fully on this, with photos, in the follow-up prayer news. The extension and the outside of the church look amazing! Give thanks for all of this.
- Marketing SCC – We sent you a link to the new leaflet last month. This is a reminder to please send this on to your networks to encourage people to:
a. Join as a Friend of Sannox
b. Book a visit to the centre
c. Come to our events
We are strengthening links with other organisations, such as SU and Pray for Scotland. We are also keen to forge links with churches so if you are interested in a link with SCC and/or want one of the team to come to your church to tell the story of Sannox then please email Heidi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We bless you, in the name of Jesus, to receive all that the Father has for you and thank you for your continuing support of His work at SCC. May we see more and more people being rested, restored and revived at Sannox in 2019.