1. Directors’ meeting – 26th October – 4 of the 5 Directors attended the meeting, Moira was taken ill at the last minute and couldn’t travel. This was an excellent and exciting meeting where a number of items were agreed:
a. The new operational management system was approved unanimously and George has been tasked with its introduction and development along with the 5 team leaders and Heidi our administrator. This is an important development as we move from the pioneering stage to the new season of growth at SCC. The structure is at the end of this prayer news for your information and prayers.
b. Tender for the Church roof and manse – The Directors agreed that it was important we start work on the church as soon as possible with the resources we have. George and DG Weir, a Board Member from Arran, are to meet the contractor to discuss the building programme and timetable. Please pray for this meeting and continue to pray for the release of finances to complete the restoration of the church roof and bell tower, remove the asbestos, restore the church windows and strip out the manse including removal of the rotting roof. We need to raise £25,000 or £50,000 (with the manse) through cash gifts or interest free loans, as we did for the purchase of SCC in 2012.
c. Please pray for Barbara as she develops the new Community Ministries team. Barbara is looking for people to work with her to develop further resources in partnership with Christians Against Poverty (CAP) and the local churches. She is initially looking for two people willing to attend training by CAP to deliver their Money Course. They would need to make themselves available to work on Arran from time to time to establish this service. She will be connecting with local church leaders and other Christians.
d. SCC Vision and Values – The Directors agreed to develop a framework based on the SCC vision and values that would give allow us to test any new ideas and ministries. This framework defines the culture of SCC and clarifies what SCC is about.
e. 2019 Programme of Activities – The Directors agreed to plan at least one event a month comprising teaching and other activities. Please pray as we plan the first three events in January, February and March.
f. Operational Finances – Please continue to pray for an increase of £2000 per month to cover our operational costs and to support our growing activities and ministries. To date we appear to have increased our monthly giving by about £250. Please pray for increased monthly giving either through new givers or existing supporters increasing their monthly donation.
g. New Board Members – Please pray for new Board Members with the right skills. Also pray for the involvement of younger people in all areas.
2. Board meeting – 27 October – There are eleven Members of the Board – five Directors and six Members. The Members are there to advise the Directors, to make sure they remain true to the vision and values of SCC and to challenge where necessary. The Board discussed finances, the building plans and tenders, the new operational structure, the role and responsibilities of Directors, the ED’s report, the 2019 Programme, fund raising ideas and new Board Members. There was also an interesting and valuable discussion on how we can serve and communicate better with the people who pray, donate and volunteer their services for SCC.
3. Continue to pray for the Teaching Programme for 2018. Our last event of 2018, will take place on the 3rd of November. It will be a Teaching Day in Dundarroch Cottage led by Roy Searle, the leader of the Northumbria Community on the importance of a Rhythm of Prayer. The event is fully booked, with 24 people attending, many from Arran. Please pray for Roy and those who will are attending.
4. Hosting at SCC – We continue to welcome our hosts to SCC and witness the blessing hosting is to our guests and visitors and to the hosts themselves. Hosting the presence of God is fundamental to what God is building at SCC and we want to have hosts on site all the time. If you are interested in hosting we need to hear from you. Please contact Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Executive Director report – Please pray for George as he visits churches on and off the island. Last month he spoke at churches in Stevenston and Largs and is in discussions with churches in Ayr, Balfron and Dumfries. He is also meeting with the Ministers and others on Arran and has already met with the Minister of the Free Church and the Minister of Lamlash Church of Scotland.
6. Maintenance Working Group – A number of people came to help with maintenance jobs that needed to be done from the 20th of October to the 2nd of November. All jobs were successfully completed.
|7. Lastly, please continue to pray for the building up of Christ’s community on Arran.
Pray for the churches and their Ministers and staff, and for all Christ’s people on the
island that they may experience a new and powerful blessing of His Spirit.